The Museum is open!
- El museu
The entire exhibition space integrated in the Royal Shipyards of Barcelona, more than 8,000 m2, is open to the public, so you can visit all the permanent and temporary exhibitions.
The new opening hours, from 10:00 to 19:00. Last entrance no later than 18:00. Free entrance on Sunday afternoons.
To access the MMB facilities (Library, Archive, General Registry) members of the public must make a prior appointment at email@example.com
Health Measures. To guarantee the safety and comfort of all, we have taken the following measures, in accordance with the recommendations of the health authorities.
- Reducing by ⅓ the Museum’s maximum visitor capacity.
- Enhancing the cleaning service, especially for items and objects that may be accessed by the
- Hygiene points providing disinfectant gel.
- Removing leaflets, hall pamphlets, interactive screens and audio guides.
- Tactile items for visitors with visual impairment may now only be used by these persons.
- Audio and audiovisual items for the exhibitions may now be accessed on the website mmb.cat. Look for the explanatory signs placed strategically around the Museum.
- The cloakroom and left luggage service will not be available. Maximum size for backpacks, bags and packages that may be carried during your visit: 40 cm (in any of the three dimensions).
- You must wear a face mask to enter the Museum, and throughout your entire visit.
- Your visit route will be signposted. Enter the Museum through the entrance at Plaça del Portal de la Pau. Exit into the garden area, the Jardí del Museu.
- The elevator may only be used by people with restricted mobility.
- Maintain a safety distance of 1,5m between yourself and others. Try not to concentrate into groups.
- Wash your hands in disinfectant gel when you enter the Museum, and throughout the visit route.
- Do not touch display cases or information panels.
- We would prefer if you pay with a card.
- Follow the recommendations of the customer service staff.
Health measures aimed at people with disabilities
- Models and tactile spaces are available to people with visual impairments at the end of Shipyards and Galleys exhibition. You will find disinfectant gel and gloves so you can explore them safely.
- Until further notice, the wheelchair loan service is suspended.
- The elevator will be for the exclusive use of people with reduced mobility and people with disabilities.
- If you need information in Braille from the Siren Songs exhibition, ask at the reception desk. Ask for gloves at the reception desk.
Before your visit, please check the website to find out the special conditions currently in force.
Group school visits are limited to the coexistence group. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
THE MMB AND ITS VESSELS
- The schooner Santa Eulàlia will be open to the public, though its maximum visitor capacity will be reduced by ⅓. All visitors must wear face masks, wash their hands with disinfectant gel before boarding the ship, and follow the route indicated on deck. Visitors will not be allowed to enter the hold, the engine room or the captain’s cabin. Sailing trips have been cancelled until further notice.
- The felucca Far Formentera has cancelled its sailing trips until further notice.
THE MMB’s SERVICES
All the general recommendations regarding hygiene, safety distance, etc., as well as restrictions established by the authorities at any time shall be applied within the Museum.
- The MMB library will be open to the public by prior appointment. Please contact email@example.com. The activities of the Reading Club will be continued telematically.
- The Archive Consultation Service will be open to the public by prior appointment. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or via the Portal de tràmits, stating the subject matter of your consultation. Priority will be given to requests submitted telematically.
- The cafe-restaurant Norai is open mondays to sundays, from 13 to 15.30 h.
- The MMB shop is closed till the new restrictions finish.
During your visit, you will find various information points reminding you of the recommendations required for your visit and safe use of the MMB facilities. Thank you for helping to safeguard the health of yourselves and everybody! Thank you for the trust you have placed in the Maritim Museum of Barcelona.
TAMBÉ ET POT AGRADAR...